Sunday, February 14, 2010

Do I Need Lights On My Utility Trailer Trailer Wiring Question, How To Separate Brake From Signal Lights On A Trailer?

Trailer wiring question, how to separate brake from signal lights on a trailer? - do i need lights on my utility trailer

I am building a new trailer, and I have a problem with the electrical system installed four lights, three groups of amber turn signals (standard on the back of the trailer, and make both sides of Defense) and a series of red brake lights, but when I straight up, I realized that the vehicle is in traction and braking signals on the same circuit in the light of it then, of course, if I have both signals and brakes work on both.

Here is some information about my system:
The vehicle is a 2001 Chrysler Neon 2.0L
The rear of the vehicle has two brake lights and red lights and two lamps

the trailer is a 5x9 tilt utility trailer
the back of the trailer brake lights red 2 (a) on each side, 2 orange lights (one orn each side), has a red mark in the center bar, and some flashed with yellow, the front and rear of each wing
with several side marker lights on each side of the frame and scope. with strips of reflective tape in the middle.

The compound is a 7 pin round receptacle replaced with a different phase to 4-pin auxiliary circuits to control the tilt (two son), deck lights and switches. Control Tower is in the scope.

I know that if the trailer has, by separate brake and signal lights, you can use a converter to get in the same light on, but how can I do the opposite and separate?

I am not looking for questions, why do I need it all, the trailer is employed, and specify that you are separate brake lights and signals, so that I cthe ants are simply changed while braking and signaling.

If you need further information, please let me know and I will do my best to write about.

Thank you for the time to read and think about my question, I'm looking forward to an answer to my problem.

4 comments:

Richard L said...

If you are absolutely sure that your brakes and signals separately again, then I can tell you how. The problem is that I have everything that the property is not a trailer - the red tail lights have filiments two share one for the operation of the light and the other, the brake and turn signal.

If you still think you need brake lights have separate wires for the length of your vehicle and add a relay to the front of the car on the brake pedal cars. In the drive is to install a 20 amp relay, which connects to 12 volts + when the pedal is pressed. Plug the cable directly to the switch, but the relay to power the circuit of light on the brakes of the trailer used in the control of changes. The relay is indicated by a slight click every time he comesBrakes, so if you take the trouble to mount the relay under the hood. Use a 12V + wells, even if the key in the OFF position. Like their brake lights of the car, you must work trailer brake lights, even if the vehicle is turned off. Add 10-15 amps a fuse here. These 12 + volts must be plugged into a free port of the connector from the trailer. Remember, the trailer plug has worked, and then only with the trailer because he did something that is totally non-standard.

rottendo... said...

It will not work without having to return to the source of the brake lights and turn relays adding insulation and define a fundamentally new way to the vehicle electrical systems. The car is not worth what it would cost.

MichaelS said...

Contact your Chrysler. It's as simple as cutting a wire to the circuits in the trailer to separate.

Arlanymo... said...

I do not understand your question about the trailer lights, brakes and indicators in the same circuit.They must be wired separately, can not circuit.Your to describe the problem could be a defect in the country and need to install a relay to to overcome the problem.

Post a Comment